domingo, 29 de setembro de 2013

I was born burnt to death. by Gerald Thomas,

BETRAYAL

I seem to be assaulted (on a daily basis) by verbal and / or written atrocities and abuse. It’s easy nowadays in the world of social media.

Someone posts something like “I just don’t care” and that makes me wonder if this someone is plainly stupid or alienated by the nightly drugs, cigarettes – and soda they take and suck on like a pacifier, or by the lonely life they lead together with their cats and their flaccid skin.

Yes, you guessed it right! The post is accompanied by a picture of a vast Julie Andrews with open arms – in the Alps – screaming to the world “I don’t give a fuck about it all”.

- “What?” you wonder for a second. “what”?

Wow. …And this person poses as a writer, an intellectual.

And I wonder…How can any humanitarian (and the majority of intellectuals do follow this compassionate line) NOT CARE about the recent events in:

- Syria
- Egypt
- The Mall in Nairobi
- Today’s attack on the students in Nigeria
- The daily bombings in Pakistan
- Or in Iraq..
- The constant spying (ongoing and getting stronger) of the NSA
- The Stupidity of the Republicans
- The UTMOST arrogance and decadence of the country which never works and will never become anything other than a tamed dwarf: Brazil

How can one live a life inwardly and NOT CARE about the 1 million refugees created by Bashar Al Assad?

Yes, ignoring such things is ignoring ones own presence within a community – be it a global or local. Bah! How disgusting and embarrassing!

I’ve learned some great lessons in life!

LET’S SAY IT ALL STARTS ON THE DAY MY MOTHER EXPLAINS TO ME THAT THE ONLY REAL THING THERE IS IN LIFE IS BETRAYAL – SO BE CAREFUL, They will get you, sooner of later they will come back and point the finger right up your nose and accuse you, denounce you, snitch you and have you arrested. Sounds like Kafka? Yes, just like Kaflka . And this is why I have lived a life in panic, 59 years in the open, afraid of nothing – apparently – making a SHOW of myself because I knew all along that they would come and get me anyway just like my mother’s gardeners in her infancy who , one given day, turned around and came back the next day, dressed in the Nazi uniform and gave the family the Hitler salut and said: YOUR house is now OUR house and NOW, GET THE HELL OUT BEFORE WE BURN YOU TO DEATH.

I was born burnt to death.

And that is why I CARE!

Gerald Thomas,

Sept 29, 2013

Nenhum comentário: